Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    21 Jun '18 18:191 edit
    Anyone ever see Trumpf doing ANYTHING like this?

    First Joan Baez singing the song The president sang Amazing Grace
    written by Zoe Mulford

    YouTube


    Then the real thing in a eulogy of the nine folks killed in that church:

    YouTube

    Now compare that to the heartless sociopath Trump.
  2. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    21 Jun '18 18:29
    So Trump is a heartless sociopath because he didn't sing for you.

    Typical.
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23105
    21 Jun '18 18:45
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    So Trump is a heartless sociopath because he didn't sing for you.

    Typical.
    Trump is a heartless sociopath because he has ripped children, some still in diapers, just babies, from parents fleeing for their lives from oppression. He is a heartless sociopath because he praises and admires dangerous foreign tyrants who oppress their people and threaten our nation. He is a dangerous, heartless sociopath because he has claimed that at least some of the neo-Nazi white supremacists in a Charleston march which led to the murder of a young woman protesting their despicable beliefs were good people. He is a heartless sociopath because he brags about grabbing women by their genitals. As terrible as Trump is, far worse are the likes of you and others who continue to support him.
  4. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    21 Jun '18 18:55
    Originally posted by @phranny
    Trump is a heartless sociopath because he has ripped children, some still in diapers, just babies, from parents fleeing for their lives from oppression. He is a heartless sociopath because he praises and admires dangerous foreign tyrants who oppress their people and threaten our nation. He is a dangerous, heartless sociopath because he has claimed that at l ...[text shortened]... As terrible as Trump is, far worse are the likes of you and others who continue to support him.
    Yes, I got all that but he is a heartless sociopath especially because he didn't sing Amazing Grace to you.
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23105
    21 Jun '18 19:01
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Anyone ever see Trumpf doing ANYTHING like this?

    First Joan Baez singing the song The president sang Amazing Grace
    written by Zoe Mulford

    [youtube]m9iYBifsOPI[/youtube]


    Then the real thing in a eulogy of the nine folks killed in that church:

    [youtube]IN05jVNBs64[/youtube]

    Now compare that to the heartless sociopath Trump.
    Thank you for reminding us what an admirable, true statesman POTUS looks like, Barack Obama, an individual who was and is admired internationally. Our current president doesn't even know the words to our national anthem.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    21 Jun '18 19:36
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    So Trump is a heartless sociopath because he didn't sing for you.

    Typical.
    Not because he didn't sing Amazing Grace, which I doubt he even knows the words, but because he would never in a million years even THINK about doing such a stately thing.

    Did you see him saying anything about the 9 people killed there?

    It would never occur to this heartless bastard to show genuine emotion, something he does not possess because he is a sociopath and a narcissist. That is the MO of such people. Concerned with exactly one person on the planet, and I think even you might guess who that person would be.
  7. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    21 Jun '18 19:411 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Anyone ever see Trumpf doing ANYTHING like this?

    First Joan Baez singing the song The president sang Amazing Grace
    written by Zoe Mulford

    [youtube]m9iYBifsOPI[/youtube]


    Then the real thing in a eulogy of the nine folks killed in that church:

    [youtube]IN05jVNBs64[/youtube]

    Now compare that to the heartless sociopath Trump.
    An American singing teacher (who had just me) once asked me (skeptically):
    "Can you sing *anything*?"
    I (shyly): "I think that I can sing a bit. What would you like me to sing?"
    He: "Try 'Amazing Grace'. Everybody knows it."

    Really? Not being a Christian, I struggled to remember the lyrics, though I recalled the tune.
    Unsure of how to interpret this unfamiliar song, I held my notes rather long, a bit shakily.
    (I may have sang a wrong word, which he interpreted as my mispronunciation of the right word.)
    Another person in the room said, "Whew! (Duchess64) can sing!"
    Then the teacher asked me; "Well, where were you trained and for how long?"
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    21 Jun '18 19:461 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    An American singing teacher (who had just me) once asked me (skeptically):
    "Can you sing *anything*?"
    I (shyly): "I think that I can sing a bit. What would you like me to sing?"
    He: "Try 'Amazing Grace'. Everybody knows it."

    Really? Not being a Christian, I struggled to remember the lyrics, though I recalled the tune.
    Unsure of how to interpret t ...[text shortened]... chess64) can sing!"
    Then the teacher asked me; "Well, where were you trained and for how long?"
    Neither am I Christian but being brought up in a hyper religious family it was drilled into my brain.

    It was the act of compassion that moved me when Obama (who clearly was not a trained singer) gave that eulogy and sang that song.

    I would have liked to have seen your audition.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    21 Jun '18 20:051 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Yes, I got all that but he is a heartless sociopath especially because he didn't sing Amazing Grace to you.
    "Yeah, I get all that, but you're horrible for criticizing him"? Really?

    Apparently, you don't "get all that".
  10. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    21 Jun '18 20:14
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Neither am I Christian but being brought up in a hyper religious family it was drilled into my brain.

    It was the act of compassion that moved me when Obama (who clearly was not a trained singer) gave that eulogy and sang that song.

    I would have liked to have seen your audition.
    I grew up in a non-English-speaking family where I never heard 'Amazing Grace' sung.
    I felt a bit embarrassed, however, about admitting that I was unsure of the lyrics.

    I doubt that I sang well that time (too nervous), but I did enough with my voice to convince
    a professional teacher that I obviously was not someone with no experience in singing.
  11. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    21 Jun '18 20:19
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    "Yeah, I get all that, but you're horrible for criticizing him"? Really?

    Apparently, you don't "get all that".
    You misquoted me but anyway. No I didn't say the person was horrible for criticizing Trump but any objective person with a shred of common sense can see that Trump is being criticized for every single little nit-pick thing that people can pull out of the box. Sure, maybe he deserves it but this desperate stuff is beyond the pale. Didn't sing Amazing Grace, so criticize him. Y'all can do better than that, right? At least Phranny listed several grievances that at least on the surface look legit.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    21 Jun '18 23:07
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    You misquoted me but anyway. No I didn't say the person was horrible for criticizing Trump but any objective person with a shred of common sense can see that Trump is being criticized for every single little nit-pick thing that people can pull out of the box. Sure, maybe he deserves it but this desperate stuff is beyond the pale. Didn't sing Amazing G ...[text shortened]... hat, right? At least Phranny listed several grievances that at least on the surface look legit.
    I am pointing out the humanitarian side of Obama and the extreme lack thereof in Trump.
    Obama deported a million people but did it humanely and in timely fashion.

    This bit with those 2000+ children, they will most likely NEVER be reunited with parents.

    People WILL remember that callous behavior on Trumps behalf. Say around November.

    It is going to come back and bit him in the ass come midterms.

    It has not turned out like his advisers hoped. They wanted to stir up their own base so much the liberal left would be left alright, left in the dust. But we will see in just 5 months.

    In 5 months those children will still be held in concentration camps all around the country and his lawyers are trying to circumvent the ruling to kill the part saying the kids have to be housed in licensed facilities. I notice you did not address that issue.
    They want to put those kids in military prison camps, probably for years. Way to go trumpf.
  13. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    281373
    22 Jun '18 23:19
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    An American singing teacher (who had just me) once asked me (skeptically):
    "Can you sing *anything*?"
    I (shyly): "I think that I can sing a bit. What would you like me to sing?"
    He: "Try 'Amazing Grace'. Everybody knows it."

    Really? Not being a Christian, I struggled to remember the lyrics, though I recalled the tune.
    Unsure of how to interpret t ...[text shortened]... chess64) can sing!"
    Then the teacher asked me; "Well, where were you trained and for how long?"
    Looking for your 15 mins. of fame? Sorry. But you'll live in Infamy here forever.
  14. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    22 Jun '18 23:48
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    Looking for your 15 mins. of fame? Sorry. But you'll live in Infamy here forever.
    Contrary to what Kquinn909 may presume, I never have auditioned for any popular singing show.
    Not everyone who sings cares most of all about fame, popularity, or money.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    23 Jun '18 16:26
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Contrary to what Kquinn909 may presume, I never have auditioned for any popular singing show.
    Not everyone who sings cares most of all about fame, popularity, or money.
    Or guitar players like me. Would love to make a living at it but nobody buys folk guitar anymore.

    Do you know what they call a guitar player without a girlfriend?




    Homeless.....
Back to Top