Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 12 Nov '09 18:49
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-november-10-2009/sean-hannity-uses-glenn-beck-s-protest-footage
  2. Donation rwingettonline
    Ming the Merciless
    12 Nov '09 19:03
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-november-10-2009/sean-hannity-uses-glenn-beck-s-protest-footage
    I saw that on TV yesterday. Pretty darn funny.
  3. 12 Nov '09 19:06
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I saw that on TV yesterday. Pretty darn funny.
    Im constantly surprised by the way fox news is so shameless, I don't see how anyone could edit footage like that and report it as news.
  4. 12 Nov '09 19:44
    That's pretty funny.
  5. 12 Nov '09 20:22 / 2 edits
    This was the sort of cheap stuff you'd expect from North Korea's media. Extremely embarassing.

    But did anyone else in the media besides Jon Stewart pick up on this?

    Or is the comedian the only one who actually checks up on what these news outlets are reporting about. I suspect the guy doing "fake news" is actually a lot more serious about the news gathering than many in the "real" media.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    12 Nov '09 20:48
    99% of the Americans at this military forum are blowing this off like it's nothing:

    http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85309
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    12 Nov '09 20:49
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    This was the sort of cheap stuff you'd expect from North Korea's media. Extremely embarassing.

    But did anyone else in the media besides Jon Stewart pick up on this?

    Or is the comedian the only one who actually checks up on what these news outlets are reporting about. I suspect the guy doing "fake news" is actually a lot more serious about the news gathering than many in the "real" media.
    I think we're going to see a lot more than this. The leftist media has decided to flex I suspect. They didn't want Obama to kick Fox out of the press pool; this is the more appropriate way to handle this problem. I am impressed by the media as a whole for how they're handling this.
  8. 17 Nov '09 14:39
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Im constantly surprised by the way fox news is so shameless, I don't see how anyone could edit footage like that and report it as news.
    This isn't the first time. They've also been outed by the Dailyshow for doctoring photographs of prominent Democrats, creating dark circles around the eyes and stuff like that to ugly them up.
  9. 17 Nov '09 17:27
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    This isn't the first time. They've also been outed by the Dailyshow for doctoring photographs of prominent Democrats, creating dark circles around the eyes and stuff like that to ugly them up.
    and yet they claim to be "fair and balanced".

  10. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    17 Nov '09 19:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Im constantly surprised by the way fox news is so shameless, I don't see how anyone could edit footage like that and report it as news.
    Don't be too suprised. Fox news represents a political party that is used to being in power, and used to getting there own way. That is no longer the case. The folks at Fox News and the entire right wing are a pretty angry bunch these days. Be prepared for more strange antics, name calling, and finger pointing. }
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    17 Nov '09 19:35
    Originally posted by bill718
    Don't be too suprised. Fox news represents a political party that is used to being in power, and used to getting there own way. That is no longer the case. The folks at Fox News and the entire right wing are a pretty angry bunch these days. Be prepared for more strange antics, name calling, and finger pointing. }
    That may have been true 9 months ago.

    Stick your finger up in the wind. The direction it is a-changing.
  12. 17 Nov '09 19:42
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-hannity-crowd13-2009nov13,0,157713.story

    Hannity called it "an inadvertent mistake, but a mistake nonetheless."

    "We apologize," he said, and, addressing Stewart, added: "But by the way, I want to thank you and all your writers for watching."
  13. 17 Nov '09 20:48
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-hannity-crowd13-2009nov13,0,157713.story

    Hannity called it "an inadvertent mistake, but a mistake nonetheless."

    "We apologize," he said, and, addressing Stewart, added: "But by the way, I want to thank you and all your writers for watching."
    They just happen to accidentally pull footage from a completely different event with a much larger crowd? Please.

    And everyone knows the Daily Show watches Fox so they can get laughs showing what a tabloid they are.
  14. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    17 Nov '09 21:10
    Originally posted by sh76
    That may have been true 9 months ago.

    Stick your finger up in the wind. The direction it is a-changing.
    The direction is going to have to change a lot more for the old G O P to regain power. Frankly I don't think that will happen for at least 6 years.
  15. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    17 Nov '09 22:14
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    They just happen to accidentally pull footage from a completely different event with a much larger crowd? Please.

    And everyone knows the Daily Show watches Fox so they can get laughs showing what a tabloid they are.
    Maybe one day, if we have the time, we should have a little contest.

    I'll watch Olbermann for a week and pick up all the absurd things he says and shows and you can do the same for Hannity.

    Who do you think would "win" that contest?