Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '19 13:373 edits
    YouTube

Back in the day, Trump was thinking of running for President in the "Reform party". His obstacle was none other than James Buchannan, an ardent conservative that Trump demonized as a Hitler lover and bigot and wing nut, all for running on the notion of "America first" and wanting to secure the border, etc. Sound familiar?

Now the video I provided was used as a hit piece against Trump but that is not why I am providing it. No, it is simply to show the divide back then between the two, at least, in their demagoguery at that time and compare it to where they are now.

I think what it does show is useful for both sides of the political spectrum, those who hate Trump no matter what and those who love him no matter what. I would like to attempt to throw cold water on both though if I may.

To Never Trumpers:
    The fact that Trump now sounds like Buchannan who he once demonized as a fanatical right wing Hitler lover, this does not prove that Trump has become that. No, this just shows that Trump says whatever he has to in order to defeat his political opponents, just as all politicians do. Trump assessed his situation some 10 years ago and recognized that he simply could not win within any of the 3 parties at that time, and decided not to run. In fact, he even considered running with Oprah as his VP. If that had happened, his platform would have looked much different than it does today. I would also add, that just because Buchannan was a conservative who ran on securing the border and making America first, does not make him a Hitler lover nor does it make him a bigot or racist, etc. These are just terms thrown at all GOP candidates, even McCain went through that BS. But as we saw after McCain dissed the "evil" Donald, he then became a statesman and a saint within the Progressive ranks overnight to atone for his sin of running against Barak Obama once upon a time. And no, Putin did not put Trump in office, Hillary did that. Trump simply saw how weak and corrupt a candidate she was and how disliked she was, in addition to there being no real challenges within the GOP other than maybe Ted Cruz who gave him a run till the bitter end. And no, Trump could care less about race and is no bigot. Sorry if that offends your much needed hate against him.

To the always Trumpers:
    This shows that Trump has no ideological soul. He is not really sold on the wall, rather, he simply saw that the issue had tremendous support among voters, so he exploited it as he saw virtually no politician giving these voter concerns voice. This is why there is no wall today. The GOP has had two years of power and nothing. In fact, I believe that if the issue was really that important to Trump, he could make cuts within the Executive Branch to send money to fund the wall, but he does not. Also, look at the spending. The spending is worse under Trump than under Obama, yet no funding for the wall while they fully fund things like Planned Parenthood. So no, he is not dead set against abortion either.

What both sides need to understand is, the Donald has been eyeing a Presidential bid probably for most of his life. He was simply bidding his time and doing his homework. His inner soul is really no different than Hillary, which makes both sides cringe, I know, but it's still the truth as both were friends before all this mess. No, Trump saw weakness in both parties, at a time when the DNC was perhaps the most corrupt it has ever been in appointing Hillary and within the GOP more of the same, other than Ted Cruz. Really all he had to do was defeat Cruz.
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Jan '19 17:33
    @whodey said
    [youtube]rv4y91qpaiM[/youtube]

Back in the day, Trump was thinking of running for President in the "Reform party". His obstacle was none other than James Buchannan, an ardent conservative that Trump demonized as a Hitler lover and bigot and wing nut, all for running on the notion of "America first" and wanting to secure the border, etc. Sound familiar?

Now the video I ...[text shortened]... and within the GOP more of the same, other than Ted Cruz. Really all he had to do was defeat Cruz.
    Thank You for that fine analysis. Now that we all have that cleared up, maybe the Trump supporters like you will stop their sniveling like little girls as Robert Mueller and his prosecutors do their job in uncovering crime's such as bank fraud, wire fraud, tax evasion, lying to Congress, violating campaign laws, and yes - conspiring with foreign governments to influence the 2016 election. You don't know 10% of what Mueller and his prosecutors know about this Whodey, so buckle up buttercup, this investigation isn't over by a darn long shot!
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '19 18:326 edits
    @mchill said
    Thank You for that fine analysis. Now that we all have that cleared up, maybe the Trump supporters like you will stop their sniveling like little girls as Robert Mueller and his prosecutors do their job in uncovering crime's such as bank fraud, wire fraud, tax evasion, lying to Congress, violating campaign laws, and yes - conspiring with foreign governments to influence the 20 ...[text shortened]... s know about this Whodey, so buckle up buttercup, this investigation isn't over by a darn long shot!
    I take issue with the fact that the Russian collusion seems to have been manufactured by the Dims

About the only evidence I can maybe see of it is Trump pulling out of Syria, but even that is hard to prove. Funny, no one ever mentions that possible link. I wonder why.

No, the whole collusion investigation that gave Mueller his job was a con job funded by Hillary that turned into a never ending fishing expedition.

No, if people were serious about going after Trump, they would focus on things like those poor kids who were conned out of a college education as Trump paid off the judge via his "charity".

But no, the goal is never justice, it is about smearing and slinging poo.
  4. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Jan '19 21:16
    @whodey said
    I take issue with the fact that the Russian collusion seems to have been manufactured by the Dims

About the only evidence I can maybe see of it is Trump pulling out of Syria, but even that is hard to prove. Funny, no one ever mentions that possible link. I wonder why.

No, the whole collusion investigation that gave Mueller his job was a con job funded by Hillary that t ...[text shortened]... udge via his "charity".

But no, the goal is never justice, it is about smearing and slinging poo.
    About the only evidence I can maybe see of it...

Since you can see less than 10% of "IT" perhaps it would be prudent to let Robert Mueller issue his report then decide. Sound like a plan??