Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    14 Jan '19 18:19
    With illegal immigration on America's southern border at a 46 year low, Donald Trump's manufactured immigration crisis is not going over well with the general public. With 6 in 10 Americans solidly against a border wall, and only 3 in 10 supporting it, how much longer are Senate Republicans going to be willing to face the growing public backlash, and risk losing their Senate seats in 2020 over a crisis that only exists in the mind of Donald J Trump?? I'd wager we'll see more Senate GOP defections in the next few weeks.

https://immigrationforum.org/article/trump-claims-border-crisis-amid-46-year-low-crossings/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-poll-americans-dont-support-building-the-wall/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/11/27/undocumented-immigration-immigrants-donald-trump-border-security-pew-research-center-build-wall/2125005002/
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Jan '19 20:22
    @mchill
    The crisis that they don't want to talk about is the crisis with the worst optics politically.

White people compromise 57% of the population of the US.
    And that number is dropping.

That's the crisis.
  3. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    14 Jan '19 20:331 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    @mchill
    The crisis that they don't want to talk about is the crisis with the worst optics politically.

That's the crisis.
    Then you need to start accepting massive immigration from sh*hole European countries like Ukraine and Moldova.

In 1776, the newly formed USA had 4 million people. There were 10 million American Indians in the territory in what is now the USA. Those numbers changed due in part to violence but also due to massive immigration from sh*hole European countries like Ireland and Sicily.
  4. Joined
    09 Jan '19
    Moves
    14 Jan '19 21:25
    Can we get some white immigrants?
    Can I get an amen?! 😮
  5. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    14 Jan '19 21:292 edits
    @pabauer said
    Can I get an amen?! 😮
    You won't like them when they get here I assure you

EDIT

http://conservative-headlines.com/2015/02/violent-marxist-antifa-gangs-allegedly-fighting-in-ukrainian-civil-war/

https://notesfrompoland.com/2016/06/29/anti-polish-hate-crimes-in-britain-offer-poland-itself-a-warning-of-where-populist-xenophobia-leads/
  6. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    14 Jan '19 21:31
    Apparently we have 1.5 million illegal Ukranian immigrants in this country already:

http://www.uapost.us/en/blog/the-history-of-ukrainian-immigration-to-the-us/

As a result, the US is now home to one of the largest Ukrainian diasporas. As of 2009, we stand 976,000 strong (US Census Bureau, 2011). Unofficial records suggest this number may be closer to 2.5 million individuals.
  7. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 00:38
    @mghrn55 said
    @mchill

That's the crisis.
    So the wall is emblematic of a deep existential crisis being experienced by white Americans, that DJ Trump the elected representative of this increasingly marginalized group is doing everything in his power to restore their shattered sense of themselves? What a guy to take on such an awesome responsibility. History will note the Donald's burden! What a mensch!
  8. Joined
    09 Jan '19
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 01:01
    South American countries are plagued by corruption that makes American politicians look mild so imagine a Spanish majority in the states. Who would they elect? They would elect who they have always elected. Corrupt politicians that would make Trump look like a saint compared to the new Spanish politicians. Then all those liberal white pansies who held hands with other races will regret what they did but it will be too late. I'm glad I will be alive to say "I told you so!" (as I reload and fire during the race war)
  9. Germany
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 15:38
    @pabauer said
    Can I get an amen?! 😮
    Ironically, it's the ever-increasing prominence of scumbag racists who would prefer their immigrants to be "white" that is keeping away people from highly developed societies.
  10. Joined
    09 Jan '19
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:16
    People don't leave "highly developed countries" to live in the states.

We get the scumbags of the world.
    The losers who come from societies that still crap in the street. Literally. India still practice's open defacation.
    50 % still do that over there.
    "Hey Abu! I'm moving to Canada! Right after I drop a turd on the sidewalk!"

Or we get the Muslims begging for asylum but openly hate the western world.

North America will be a mongrel nation of mixed breeds. 😉 I'll be long dead thank you.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 19:33
    @pabauer said
    People don't leave "highly developed countries" to live in the states.

We get the scumbags of the world.
    The losers who come from societies that still crap in the street. Literally. India still practice's open defacation.
    50 % still do that over there.
    "Hey Abu! I'm moving to Canada! Right after I drop a turd on the sidewalk!"

Or we get the Muslims begging for asylu ...[text shortened]... ern world.

North America will be a mongrel nation of mixed breeds. 😉 I'll be long dead thank you.
    Enjoy your forum ban.
  12. Joined
    09 Jan '19
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 19:40
    That's crazy talk.

National geographic did an article about open defacation in India.
    Forum ban for telling the truth?
  13. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 02:05
    @mchill said
    With illegal immigration on America's southern border at a 46 year low, Donald Trump's manufactured immigration crisis is not going over well with the general public. With 6 in 10 Americans solidly against a border wall, and only 3 in 10 supporting it, how much longer are Senate Republicans going to be willing to face the growing public backlash, and risk losing their Senate s ...[text shortened]... ented-immigration-immigrants-donald-trump-border-security-pew-research-center-build-wall/2125005002/
    This doesn't actually make that much sense...

The low could be attributed to increase attention to the border and general changes in the economic climate. It also isn't hard to reach a low when the high has been so damn high for so long.

There are, by conservative estimates, something like 24 million illegals in the US. The number is likely over 30 million, IMO, and what is funny about this is that there are even efforts to prevent people from actually learning the real number through census data.

If it is over 30 million, that means the number is not far from 10% of American residents being illegal latinos who came over the southern border. This does not even count their legal offspring who, in any reasonable country, would be illegal.

Calling this a manufactured crisis is fundamentally not understanding it the last decades of American politics.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 02:08
    @philokalia said
    This doesn't actually make that much sense...

The low could be attributed to increase attention to the border and general changes in the economic climate. It also isn't hard to reach a low when the high has been so damn high for so long.

There are, by conservative estimates, something like 24 million illegals in the US. The number is likely over 30 million, I ...[text shortened]... ufactured crisis is fundamentally not understanding it the last decades of American politics.
    #MoarFear

Stop parroting Fox News' talking points to us.

If we wanted to watch Fox News, we'd have half our brains removed.
  15. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 02:15
    @kazetnagorra said
    Ironically, it's the ever-increasing prominence of scumbag racists who would prefer their immigrants to be "white" that is keeping away people from highly developed societies.
    Lol, what does this even mean?

I do not even know how someone would start with this ludicrous set of preconceived notions...

You are saying that, like, people are being kept away (in spite of the huge numbers of people who come), implying that it is a bad thing, and that this is due to the prominence of 'scumbag racists..?'

And you also say this in a context where, relative to today, most societies were far more racist in the sixties and seventies, yet, this is a period of time when a lot of these movements to immigration began...

Wow, this is bold. 😆