Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member Tychoo
    F**k the EU, IMF,WB
    06 Jun '10 10:55 / 1 edit
    Here's an example in spin. Christen Bishop killed by Turkish driver had “Mental Problems” my a....

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/10228730.stm

  2. 06 Jun '10 11:18
    Originally posted by Tychoo
    Here's an example in spin. Christen Bishop killed by Turkish driver had “Mental Problems” my a....

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/10228730.stm

    This could be quite true, muslimitis for example?
  3. 06 Jun '10 17:56
    Originally posted by Tychoo
    Here's an example in spin. Christen Bishop killed by Turkish driver had “Mental Problems” my a....

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/10228730.stm

    do you know the guy personally to conclude he definately didn't have any mental problems?
  4. Standard member Tychoo
    F**k the EU, IMF,WB
    06 Jun '10 20:51
    The line “mental problems” has been used time and again take the example of Pim Fortuyn in Holland same line used.
  5. 06 Jun '10 21:03
    Originally posted by Tychoo
    The line “mental problems” has been used time and again take the example of Pim Fortuyn in Holland same line used.
    But muslim fanaticism and superstition are symptoms of mental instabilty aounting in the worst cases to a severe psychosis.
  6. 07 Jun '10 09:14
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    But muslim fanaticism and superstition are symptoms of mental instabilty aounting in the worst cases to a severe psychosis.
    Every fanaticism and superstition are symptoms of mental instabilty aounting in the worst cases to a severe psychosis.

    I would further say that a world without fundamentalism of any kind would be a better world.
  7. 07 Jun '10 09:21
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    [b]Every fanaticism and superstition are symptoms of mental instabilty aounting in the worst cases to a severe psychosis.

    I would further say that a world without fundamentalism of any kind would be a better world.[/b]
    So would I, but in this instance the relevant cause of any religious insanity in Turkey is most likely to be of the Mohammedan variety.
  8. 07 Jun '10 09:50
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    So would I, but in this instance the relevant cause of any religious insanity in Turkey is most likely to be of the Mohammedan variety.
    So you don't think that Islam is religious insanity in general?
    I say that the Islam of Turkey is very sane in general, compared to religious groups in other countries - islamic, jewish, or christian groups.
  9. 07 Jun '10 10:01
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    So you don't think that Islam is religious insanity in general?
    I say that the Islam of Turkey is very sane in general, compared to religious groups in other countries - islamic, jewish, or christian groups.
    The topic was 'insanity' as related to religious fanaticism, not your view of
    Turkish society in general as compared with others.
    You always seem to go off at a tangent no matter what subject is under discussion in this forum. Time you took steps to rid yourself of the red herring variety of mental aberration.
  10. 07 Jun '10 10:19
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    The topic was 'insanity' as related to religious fanaticism, not your view of
    Turkish society in general as compared with others.
    You always seem to go off at a tangent no matter what subject is under discussion in this forum. Time you took steps to rid yourself of the red herring variety of mental aberration.
    I got the impression of you thinking islamic religious groups are symptoms of 'mental instabilty' as you desribed it.
    A simple 'no' would be enough for me.

    You heard my opinion, having the same right to express it as anyone else has, including you. Or do you accuse me of deliberatedly go off topic? Then hear this: If I get a penny for each time people goes off-topic, I would be very rich, very soon.

    Now, give me your opinion, or an answer: Do you think the islamic religious groups of Turkey are insane? If yes, more or less insane that every other religious groups? Or any islamic groups of any other country? Or do you think that especially Turkey harbours religious insane groups?

    If you don't want to go further off-topic, then just state your opinion, and we can go on.
  11. 07 Jun '10 10:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I got the impression of you thinking islamic religious groups are symptoms of 'mental instabilty' as you desribed it.
    A simple 'no' would be enough for me.

    You heard my opinion, having the same right to express it as anyone else has, including you. Or do you accuse me of deliberatedly go off topic? Then hear this: If I get a penny for each time people ...[text shortened]...
    If you don't want to go further off-topic, then just state your opinion, and we can go on.
    I have stated my views on what I think is the most likely cause of the mental problems reportedly pleaded by the Turkish authorities in mitigation of the killing of a Christian bishop in that country. This was in response to the OP in this thread.
    I am not concerned with your impressions of any other views I may or may not hold, and I do not intend to respond further to anyone as emotional and illogical as you regularly show yourself to be.
  12. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    07 Jun '10 11:35
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    The topic was 'insanity' as related to religious fanaticism, not your view of
    Turkish society in general as compared with others.
    You always seem to go off at a tangent no matter what subject is under discussion in this forum. Time you took steps to rid yourself of the red herring variety of mental aberration.
    The topic is "Turkish Spin" and not insanity.

    I consider a comment on Turkish Society relevant to that topic.

    It seems SR is going off on a tangent. ( ... and being rude .. )
  13. 07 Jun '10 13:08
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    It seems SR is going off on a tangent. ( ... and being rude .. )
    Only those who have a weak point use rudeness as an rethorical argument.
  14. 07 Jun '10 16:13
    Originally posted by Tychoo
    The line “mental problems” has been used time and again take the example of Pim Fortuyn in Holland same line used.
    ok, so you don't know the guy and this is obviously some rant of yours that isn't based on any evidence.
  15. 07 Jun '10 16:15
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    So would I, but in this instance the relevant cause of any religious insanity in Turkey is most likely to be of the Mohammedan variety.
    you obviously don't know what you're talking about, so don't pretend you do.