Debates Forum

1. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:22
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "..you (Joe Beyser) are an idiot."
    --No1Marauder (to Joe Beyser)

The idiotic Joe Beyser again show his abysmal 'reading comprehension' and powers of 'reasoning'.

1) Normbenign has argued (using slightly different words in the past) that *because*
    he has a mother, (ex)-wife, and daughters, he has *sufficient motive* not to be a rape apologist.

...[text shortened]... e taken a completely different attitude toward any right-wing
    politician being accused of rape.
    Are you a man , a man that has raped a woman ,or are you a man that has been raped by a man ?
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:59

The idiotic Joe Beyser again show his abysmal 'reading comprehension' and powers of 'reasoning'.

1) Normbenign has argued (using slightly different words in the past) that *because*
    he has a mother, (ex)-wife, and daughters, he has *sufficient motive* not to be a rape apologist.

...[text shortened]... e taken a completely different attitude toward any right-wing
    I think all accused rapists, like all other criminals, deserve a fair trial where they have the opportunity to prove their innocence. When convicted, they should be severely punished. What more do you want?
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 01:01

D64 don't be ridicledockle!! This one is going to Merriams dictionary. LOL
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 01:071 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I think all accused rapists, like all other criminals, deserve a fair trial where they have
    the opportunity to prove their innocence. When convicted, they should be severely punished. What more do you want?
    It's too much to expect Normbenign to change his deeply sexist attitudes toward rape.

My original post in the thread "Rape Apologists Need an Exercise in Empathy"
    describes the recent case of a man who was convicted of rape (he confessed) after
    he had repeatedly raped his girlfriend while she was unconscious (while drugged).
    The judge decided that this convicted rapist should spend no time in prison.
    Does Normbenign regard that sentence as the rapist being 'severely punished'?
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 18:18
    It's too much to expect Normbenign to change his deeply sexist attitudes toward rape.

My original post in the thread "Rape Apologists Need an Exercise in Empathy"
    describes the recent case of a man who was convicted of rape (he confessed) after
    he had repeatedly raped his girlfriend while she was unconscious (while drugged).
    The judge decided that th ...[text shortened]... o time in prison.
    Does Normbenign regard that sentence as the rapist being 'severely punished'?
    I entirely disagree with the case in point, but I don't necessarily trust you to present it in context, and completely.

You still haven't answered the questions I posed.

If you examine any law, you will find exceptions to the rule, where an injustice occurred. Then comes the question of whether you throw out the baby with the bathwater. Anyone accused of any crime whether it is rape, robbery, or murder deserves a presumption of innocence at trial.

We can find instances of poor verdicts, and people seeming to "get away with it" in almost every criminal category. That doesn't mean we should reduce our protections of the innocent, and rush to judgement when someone is accused. Regardless of the crime, whether rape or robbery, I'd rather that a few guilty get away, than that one innocent is convicted and punished for a crime he did not commit.
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 21:20
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I entirely disagree with the case in point, but I don't necessarily trust you to present it in context, and completely.

You still haven't answered the questions I posed.

If you examine any law, you will find exceptions to the rule, where an injustice occurred. Then comes the question of whether you throw out the baby with the bathwater. Anyone a ...[text shortened]... guilty get away, than that one innocent is convicted and punished for a crime he did not commit.
    Normbenign, a pathological liar with a long record of flagrantly misrepresenting me and
    putting his absurd words in my mouth, keeps making his absurd false accusation that
    I somehow have presented a rape case out-of-context.

*I cited a complete article about that case.* I note with absolute disdain that Normbenign
    apparently believes it's conclusive proof when one of his extremely racist or sexist friends
    is asked for evidence to support an extraordinary (racist or sexist) claim and replies 'Google it!'
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 23:34
    I already know that Zahlanzi (who's blind to his own sexism and too arrogant to admit that
    he's wrong) loathes me more than he loathes other men whom he regards as rape apologists.
    Male solidarity is usually more powerful than any differences between men about rape.

In this deeply sexist male-dominated forum, most, if not almost all, men evidently pr ...[text shortened]... ts here!
    But what need does Zahlanzi have to fear rape, let alone to object to rape apologists?
    pfff you overestimate your importance. i don't loathe you, just find you boring
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 11:32
    Normbenign, a pathological liar with a long record of flagrantly misrepresenting me and
    putting his absurd words in my mouth, keeps making his absurd false accusation that
    I somehow have presented a rape case out-of-context.

*I cited a complete article about that case.* I note with absolute disdain that Normbenign
    apparently believes it's conclusiv ...[text shortened]... sked for evidence to support an extraordinary (racist or sexist) claim and replies 'Google it!'
    I just heard about an alleged rape case while listening to BBC radio. In India, a woman had sex with a guy for 5 months, consensual. But now she claims she granted consensual sex because the guy promised to marry her.

He broke that promise, and now she is charging him with rape.

Is it rape? Is giving consent on day one and then claiming rape on day two a real rape case?
  9. Standard membershavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 13:37
    The thread (created by Sh76), "Does hook up culture lead to more rapes?"
    has been closed by RHP, making it impossible to post more in it.
    So I have created this thread in order to counter the continuing shameless
    lies of two pathological liars and rape apologists, Normbenign and
    Quackquack, who would like to deny that a post by KazetNagorra exists.
    ...[text shortened]... ologists?
    I doubt that Normbenign and Quackquack will ever stop their shameless flagrant lying.
    Why is it so important?
    This is an internet forum. They're always full of people projecting the most extreme views.

I real life most of them are hardly likely to be the neo-nazi rapists they make themselves out to be.

I think you should just let it go.

Repeat the mantra: "It's only the internet. It's only the internet."
  10. Standard membershavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 13:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I just heard about an alleged rape case while listening to BBC radio. In India, a woman had sex with a guy for 5 months, consensual. But now she claims she granted consensual sex because the guy promised to marry her.

Is it rape? Is giving consent on day one and then claiming rape on day two a real rape case?
    Is taking someone's money, with the promise you'll give them a car, theft... if you don't actually give them a car?

I don't know if it's rape, but it sure as hell is attrocious behaviour.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 15:58
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Is taking someone's money, with the promise you'll give them a car, theft... if you don't actually give them a car?

I don't know if it's rape, but it sure as hell is attrocious behaviour.
    At the very least, breach of contract. But rape? She did give consent, even if that consent came with stipulations. For instance, did she say, you can shag me but you have to promise to marry me, beforehand or before SOMETHING🙂 Beforeplay?
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 17:44
    At the very least, breach of contract. But rape? She did give consent, even if that consent came with stipulations. For instance, did she say, you can shag me but you have to promise to marry me, beforehand or before SOMETHING🙂 Beforeplay?
    I believe you are overly complicating matters. Rape is forcible sex. It need not involve penetration, but can include force by threat or intimidation. Men and boys may be raped, and often are. If force, or threats of force are used to induce sexual activity, it is rape.

I still don't see anyone apologizing for any rapists behavior. Before continuing, I think it is up to Duchess64 to provide a definition of rape, and of rape apology.
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    16 Feb '16 05:521 edit

I would prefer to read an article from a reputable news source about this case rather
    than accept Sonhouse's account (who seems too gullible on many issues) of it.

Contrary to the tireless nonsense of fanatical rape apologists such as Normbenign,
    one does not get to make up one's own definitions of rape whenever one pleases.
    Rape is defined by (varying) criminal codes (which Normbenign refuses to read) in various places.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Feb '16 12:46
    I would prefer to read an article from a reputable news source about this case rather

Contrary to the tireless nonsense of fanatical rape apologists such as Normbenign,
    Rape is defined by (varying) criminal codes (which Normbenign refuses to read) in various places.
    It didn't take much gargling to find it, if you can believe the "Daily Mail':

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3447614/British-health-club-boss-arrested-rape-India-tricking-woman-having-sex-saying-marry-her.html
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    16 Feb '16 12:51

By refusing to define rape, if only for this discussion, Duchess64 seeks to muddy the waters, allowing her to make blanket assumptions and accusations. Again, I ask, where or when have I ever apologized for rape or a rapist? Just one? You can't find it so you dance around the issue and continue to use your invented terms to demean innocent men.

Does the child molesting Duchess64 wish to continue blanket accusations and assumptions?