Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    07 Dec '17 21:09
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Does the racist troll HandyAndy claim that all Arabs must be prejudiced against or hate all Jews?
    If so, why does the racist troll HandyAndy propagate bigoted anti-Arab stereotypes?

The eminent Palestinian intellectual Edward Said (a US citizen by birth) was tirelessly
    defamed as anti-Semitic by the pro-Israeli lobby in the USA. In real life, he had ...[text shortened]... nce heard Edward Said make an anti-Semitic comment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Said
    Do you deny that many Arabs are prejudiced against Jews?
  2. 07 Dec '17 21:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Do you deny that many Arabs are prejudiced against Jews?
    Since 1948 (if not earlier), many Arabs have good reasons to loathe Israel's oppression
    of the Palestinians. Israel likes to define itself as 'the Jewish state' and claim that it morally
    represents all Jews in the world. Most Jews in the world evidently still support Israel.

Given all this, there's a popular conflation--which is not limited only to Arabs--between 'Jew' and 'Zionist'.
    In my view, it's absolutely right to criticize someone for being a Zionist, and it's absolutely
    wrong to criticize someone for being a Jew. Sadly, there are many Arabs who ignorantly
    assume (partly being misled by Israeli propaganda equating Jews and Zionists) that all
    Jews must be Zionists and so oppressors of the Palestinians and so enemies of the Arabs.

But if and when Arabs meet a Jew who sincerely criticizes Israel's oppression of the Palestinians,
    any anti-Jewish prejudices that these Arabs may have had usually are shed away rapidly.
    A Jew who's well-known as opposing Israel's oppression of the Palestinians can walk
    among the Palestinians in an atmosphere of safety, respect, and friendship, even love.

I always have emphasized to my Palestinian friends that the Jews who sincerely oppose
    Israel's oppression of the Palestinians are among their best allies and should be cherished.

And I would point out that Jewish mobs in Israel have a popular chant in the streets of
    'Death to the Arabs!', after which they sometimes have attacked or even killed passing Arabs.
  3. 08 Dec '17 17:35
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_name

"It is generally considered rude to address people by their given names in Korean culture."

Does the North Korean acolyte Metal Brain fantasize that Kim Jong-un would be pleased
    if Metal Brain were to meet him and address him as 'Un'?
    I don't know Un so I don't care. All I care about is writing as few letters in a person's name as possible. Everybody knew who I was talking about and that is all that really matters.

If you think Un deserves more respect than I have given him just say so. Ironically I have probably defended Un more than anyone on this forum even though he might be a jerk for all I know. Most people will not care. Most people dislike me for merely playing devil's advocate and insist that Un is a nut job while having no idea what the USA did to piss him off and have no desire to find out.

Il and Un both wanted a peace treaty. The USA doesn't and that is the root cause of the problem.
  4. 08 Dec '17 20:40
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    I don't know Un so I don't care. All I care about is writing as few letters in a person's name as possible. Everybody knew who I was talking about and that is all that really matters.

If you think Un deserves more respect than I have given him just say so. Ironically I have probably defended Un more than anyone on this forum even though he might be a ...[text shortened]... Il and Un both wanted a peace treaty. The USA doesn't and that is the root cause of the problem.
    "I don't know Un so I don't care [about insulting him by misusing his name]."
    --Metal Brain

Would Metal Brain have dared to call Muhammad Ali (in his prime) 'Clay' to his face?

I am much more critical than the North Korean acolyte Metal Brain of Kim Jong-un.
    In contrast to the extremely arrogant ethnocentric American Metal Brain, I have enough
    respect for Korean culture to address Koreans, including Kim Jong-un, respectfully.