Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 03:381 edit
    Who suffers more, a rape victim, or a person falsely accused of rape?

Edit: Everyone but Duchess chime in.
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 03:41
    @sleepyguy said
    Who suffers more, a rape victim, or a person falsely accused of rape?
    Which would you prefer to be?
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 04:15
    @no1marauder said
    Which would you prefer to be?
    I would rather be a rape victim, because after the trauma the whole world would sympathize and be on my side. I could keep my job and good reputation, and go on with life.

A person falsely accused is also violated in a way, but they can never restore their reputation fully, may lose their livelihood, and it lasts forever.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 04:21
    Good thing no one in the news has been falsely accused lately.
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 04:333 edits
    @sleepyguy said
    I would rather be a rape victim, because after the trauma the whole world would sympathize and be on my side. I could keep my job and good reputation, and go on with life.

A person falsely accused is also violated in a way, but they can never restore their reputation fully, may lose their livelihood, and it lasts forever.
    The extremely sexist Sleepyguy shows no comprehension or
    concern about the common shaming and stigmatizing of rape victims.

Scientific studies have found that rape victims are several
    times more likely than combat veterans to develop PTSD.
    It's common for rape victims to struggle to ward off impulses toward suicide.

Only in Sleepyguy's hypocritical fantasyland does a rape victim
    supposedly enjoy universal support. In real life, hateful sexists
    like Sleepyguy are eager to vilify women like Christine Blasey
    Ford for daring to accuse powerful white men of assaulting them.

Sleepyguy might pretend that he would be fine being a teenage girl who has
    been raped and impregnated and--in his ideal world--,compelled to continue
    her unwanted pregnancy until she gives birth. No one should believe it.
  6. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 04:53
    The Democrats cried when Hillary failed to win the election. You know. Hillary Clinton... the woman that launched a smear campaign against Monica Lewinsky, Juanita Broaddrick, and Paula Jones when they came forward with allegations including sexual harassment, assault, and rape?
  7. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 04:55
    Me. Having to listen your pathetic whining.
  8. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 05:051 edit
    @sleepyguy said

The way you casually gloss over "after the trauma" and suggest that rape survivors simply "go on with life" and sustain a "good reputation" is very telling.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 07:311 edit
    @sleepyguy said

Spoken like a white man who knows he will never be a rape victim.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 08:02
    @sleepyguy said

True. A reputation cannot be restored and moving away to escape the slander is expensive. The stress could also affect health and may even kill you if you have a heart condition or something like that.
    That is how damaging presumption of guilt can be. It is life shattering.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 09:38
    @metal-brain said
    True. A reputation cannot be restored and moving away to escape the slander is expensive. The stress could also affect health and may even kill you if you have a heart condition or something like that.
    That is how damaging presumption of guilt can be. It is life shattering.
    Why don't you tell us how life-shattering it is to be raped, to be violated on a deeply personal level? Oh, that's right, you're a white male, you will never know what that's like. You expect women to cry over your fear of being "slandered" and not believed? Oh, please.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 11:02
    @shavixmir said
    Me. Having to listen your pathetic whining.
    you just tell me who is forcing you to read these postings and I will smack them good...LMFAO...idiot!
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 11:02
    @suzianne said
    Why don't you tell us how life-shattering it is to be raped, to be violated on a deeply personal level? Oh, that's right, you're a white male, you will never know what that's like. You expect women to cry over your fear of being "slandered" and not believed? Oh, please.
    you think males aren't raped?
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 11:56
    @suzianne said
    A. Men get raped (sometimes in prison, perhaps sometimes after being sent to prison on false rape charges)

B. Do you know what it's like to be a man whose life has been ruined by a rape allegation?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 12:02
    @sh76 said
    A. Men get raped (sometimes in prison, perhaps sometimes after being sent to prison on false rape charges)

B. Do you know what it's like to be a man whose life has been ruined by a rape allegation?
    For any particular given man, do you think it is more likely that: a) they will be raped, or that b) they will rape someone themselves?