Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Mar '19 13:16
    U.S. Attorney General William Barr plans to issue a public version of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report on the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election within “weeks, not months,” a Justice Department official said on Tuesday.

If the Mueller report makes Donald Trump look as innocent as he claims, this report would have been edited of classified information and in the hands of Congress in a New York minute. Now we hear it's going to take "weeks"

Why??

What are these people hiding?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-report/mueller-report-details-to-be-issued-in-weeks-not-months-justice-department-idUSKCN1R72HX

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/ag-barr-release-mueller-report-weeks-not-months-n987646
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    27 Mar '19 13:35
    the gears of government grind ever so slow,
    like slogging to school, five miles thru the snow,
    why not now, why not today?
    where i see a rave, they see ballet,
    give me march madness, and i'll be distracted,
    ooh, so shiny,
    i care not what you've redacted...
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '19 18:16
    @mchill said
    U.S. Attorney General William Barr plans to issue a public version of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report on the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election within “weeks, not months,” a Justice Department official said on Tuesday.

If the Mueller report makes Donald Trump look as innocent as he claims, this report would have been edit ...[text shortened]... /www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/ag-barr-release-mueller-report-weeks-not-months-n987646
    He has to use the bleach bit and smash all the servers first.

LOL.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Mar '19 19:561 edit
    @whodey said
    He has to use the bleach bit and smash all the servers first.

LOL.
    See how stupid that still sounds?

I didn't hear you guys whining when Rice and Powell deleted the private servers they used while in office.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '19 22:17
    @suzianne said
    See how stupid that still sounds?

I didn't hear you guys whining when Rice and Powell deleted the private servers they used while in office.
    were they under subpoena?
  6. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 00:461 edit
    @rookie54 said
    like slogging to school, five miles thru the snow,
    why not now, why not today?
    where i see a rave, they see ballet,
    give me march madness, and i'll be distracted,
    ooh, so shiny,
    i care not what you've redacted...

rookie54 - This has nothing to do with the "gears of government" It has everything to do with William Barr, Trump's hand picked minion, stalling on the Mueller report. It doesn't take 10 days to redact classified information in a report 300-400 pages long. If this report contained damaging information on Obama, the GOP would see to it it was in the hands of Congress, and released to the public, and the press before the sun set that same day. It's been over 10 days now, and I ask again:

What are these people hiding??!
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 02:31
    @mchill
    Two years investigating something that never happened and for which there was no evidence to begin with.
    And now suddenly Democrats are so impatient they can't wait two weeks for a report that BY LAW (enacted by congress) must black out some of the information in that report.
    Hurry up Barr, we want that report and we want it yesterday!

I can see now why so many of you here hate Fox news... and refuse to listen to talk radio programs.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 04:171 edit
    @mchill said
    If this report contained damaging information on Obama, the GOP would see to it it was in the hands of Congress, and released to the public, and the press before the sun set that same day. It's been over 10 days now, and I ask again:

What are these people hiding??!
    It takes a while to manufacture a report out of whole cloth, especially when you have no imagination.

It's like a 4th grader trying to come up with a doctorate dissertation.

They need it to sound convincing when they say that Donnie never sucked up to Vlad, or needed his help to beat "mommy".

Maybe Nancy can hold him in contempt of Congress for not giving up the unredacted version, or even better, subpoena him to get it.
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 04:46
    This whole thing stinks to high heavens.

I’m not one who wants trump impeached or anything (too much comedy gold to be shot of him... there’s 6 more years of laughter to be sucked out of him), but this Meuller report and how it’s being handled is completely nuts.

If it actually clears trump of all charges, the only course of action is that it should be released completely.
    By not doing so, the only safe assumption is that trump (or others within his domein) is / are not cleared of all charges.
    There’s already been fall-out because of the investigation, so it really is the only assumption to draw.

This stuff is as bat shlt crazy as brexit.
    We live in amazingly funny times, my friends.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 04:522 edits
    @suzianne said
    It takes a while to manufacture a report out of whole cloth, especially when you have no imagination.

It's like a 4th grader trying to come up with a doctorate dissertation.

They need it to sound convincing when they say that Donnie never sucked up to Vlad, or needed his help to beat "mommy".

Maybe Nancy can hold him in contempt of Congress for not giving up the unredacted version, or even better, subpoena him to get it.

If she wants to subpoena him to get the redacted report she needs to act fast, otherwise Congress will have it before he can be subpoenaed.
    I'm assuming you already know why he would not submit an unredacted report. It would be illegal for any AG to do that.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 09:462 edits
    @lemon-lime said

If she wants to subpoena him to get the redacted report she needs to act fast, otherwise Congress will have it before he can be subpoenaed.
    I'm assuming you already know why he would not submit an unredacted report. It would be illegal for any AG to do that.
    And how would that be?

I know, I know, you keep hearing Sean Hannity say it, so it must be true.

Except it's not.

Hmmmm, wait. Nancy could take a page from Trump's playbook and simply sue him for it. Make the punitive damages for not doing so more than the Donald is paying him to keep it quiet, and he'll eventually fold. You gotta hit the Republicans where it hurts the most. Their wallet.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 10:18
    Breaking news, the Mueller report has been released and I have I right here before me!

"Trump has not been found guilty of anything (wink, wink)"

That is all it says.

Sometimes I wonder why Mueller even bothers drawing breath.
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 21:41
    @suzianne said
    And how would that be?

I know, I know, you keep hearing Sean Hannity say it, so it must be true.

Except it's not.

Hmmmm, wait. Nancy could take a page from Trump's playbook and simply sue him for it. Make the punitive damages for not doing so more than the Donald is paying him to keep it quiet, and he'll eventually fold. You gotta hit the Republicans where it hurts the most. Their wallet.
    Okay, I get it now... if Sean Hannity says it then it must not be true.
    Apparently I was wrong about leftists refusing to listen to talk radio. So if a leftist wants to know something all they need to do is to listen to talk radio, and then believe the opposite of what they hear.
    Very clever of you, I hadn't thought of that.

I don't listen to Sean Hannity because I'm usually busy when his show is on. But if you say Sean Hannity is saying the same thing I said I'll take your word on that... I can't imagine you lying about something like that.
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 21:52
    @whodey said
    Breaking news, the Mueller report has been released and I have I right here before me!

"Trump has not been found guilty of anything (wink, wink)"

That is all it says.

Sometimes I wonder why Mueller even bothers drawing breath.
    If you ask real nice they might even give you a copy of the unredacted report. It's amazing what you can get people to do for you if you're nice, and if you compliment them and tell them how smart you think they are...

Oh yeah, and tell 'em their hair smells nice too.