Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 28 Jul '10 19:50
    I just saw a guy say they asked the white house if there was anything in the released documents they didn't want shown,, there was no reply from the white house...so who isn't telling the truth?
  2. 28 Jul '10 20:55
    how can the WH lie if they don't say anything?
  3. 28 Jul '10 20:57
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    how can the WH lie if they don't say anything?
    Ya gotta love Gibbs hey?
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    29 Jul '10 14:23
    It's actually kind of funny. The big massive "embarrassing" leak ended up revealing basically a big fat nothing.
  5. 29 Jul '10 16:07
    Except for names of Afghan informants. You know, endangering the lives of those who are helping the US.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    29 Jul '10 16:09
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Except for names of Afghan informants. You know, endangering the lives of those who are helping the US.
    I meant in terms of embarrassing information about US conduct, which is what everyone was looking for.
  7. 29 Jul '10 16:17 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    I meant in terms of embarrassing information about US conduct, which is what everyone was looking for.
    Perhap pretty much everyone in the US. Others are probably pretty interested in the names of 'traitors'.
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    29 Jul '10 17:38
    Originally posted by Eladar
    So you are claiming that the names of informants were NOT deleted before the documents were leaked?
  9. 29 Jul '10 17:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you are claiming that the names of informants were NOT deleted before the documents were leaked?
    i'm sure those informants are REALLY happy their futures are in the hands of a bunch of opportunistic libtards.
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    29 Jul '10 18:16
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    i'm sure those informants are REALLY happy their futures are in the hands of a bunch of opportunistic libtards.
    So you TOO are claiming that the names of informants were NOT deleted before the documents were leaked?
  11. 29 Jul '10 18:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you TOO are claiming that the names of informants were NOT deleted before the documents were leaked?
    I thought the names had been deleted, but not at the request of the White House,, they claim to have no knowledge about the request,, so who knows..do you have a copy of what was released??
  12. 29 Jul '10 18:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    KABUL (AFP)--Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Thursday condemned as "irresponsible and shocking" the release of informants' names by whistleblower site WikiLeaks, saying it had put their lives in danger.

JULY 29, 2010, 3:09 A.M. ET

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100729-703851.html
  13. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    29 Jul '10 18:32
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    KABUL (AFP)--Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Thursday condemned as "irresponsible and shocking" the release of informants' names by whistleblower site WikiLeaks, saying it had put their lives in danger.

JULY 29, 2010, 3:09 A.M. ET

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100729-703851.html
    So you believe Hamid Karzai ?
  14. 29 Jul '10 18:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you believe Hamid Karzai ?
    The leaking of 90,000 U.S. intelligence documents has put hundreds of Afghan lives at risk because the files identify informants working with NATO forces, The Times of London reported on Wednesday. In just two hours of searching the WikiLeaks archive, reporters found the names, villages, and fathers' names of dozens of Afghans credited with providing intelligence to U.S. forces, the paper said.
    WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has said that all the released reports were checked for named informants and that 15,000 such documents had been held back to protect people.
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    29 Jul '10 18:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    The leaking of 90,000 U.S. intelligence documents has put hundreds of Afghan lives at risk because the files identify informants working with NATO forces, The Times of London reported on Wednesday. In just two hours of searching the WikiLeaks archive, reporters found the names, villages, and fathers' names of dozens of Afghans credited with providi ecked for named informants and that 15,000 such documents had been held back to protect people.
    The names were removed I heard.