Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 12:49
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/09/28/jeff-flake-kavanaugh-confronted-by-protesters-elevator-nr-vpx.cnn

How these politicians train themselves to be subject to that kind of bullying and keeping their poker faces and mouths shut is beyond me. I couldn't do it. Let someone try that on Chris Christie.

Then the CNN anchor starts making this something bad about Flake. LOL. As though he's required to engage everyone who accosts him in an elevator in debate ad infinitum.
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 13:122 edits
    Originally posted by @sh76
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/09/28/jeff-flake-kavanaugh-confronted-by-protesters-elevator-nr-vpx.cnn

How these politicians train themselves to be subject to that kind of bullying and keeping their poker faces and mouths shut is beyond me. I couldn't do it. Let someone try that on Chris Christie.

Then the CNN anchor starts making this somethi ...[text shortened]... s though he's required to engage everyone who accosts him in an elevator in debate ad infinitum.
    How these politicians train themselves to be subject to that kind of bullying

It could be bullying, and it could be something we're not aware of. I'll wager there is a lot of behind the scenes maneuvering, and even deals being cut right about now.

I would suggest though input from the general public in the face of our lawmakers is always a healthy thing, some of these lawmakers need to be reminded of who they work for.
  3. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 13:30
    Originally posted by @mchill
    How these politicians train themselves to be subject to that kind of bullying

It could be bullying, and it could be something we're not aware of. I'll wager there is a lot of behind the scenes maneuvering, and even deals being cut right about now.

I would suggest though input from the general public in the face of our lawmakers is always a healthy thing, some of these lawmakers need to be reminded of who they work for.
    It's not bullying.

She's a victim and had much to say.
    She was firmly and peacefully reminding the Senator that he's working for the people and not solely his special interest donors or party.

I respect Jeff Flake for not running: Most would've scampered off to their gun-proof barricade.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 13:32
    Originally posted by @sh76

Then the CNN anchor starts making this somethi ...[text shortened]... s though he's required to engage everyone who accosts him in an elevator in debate ad infinitum.
    oh i thought you were attacking Flake on his cowardice and hypocrisy.

but... you're not?
    instead you are feeling sorry for an elected official that is put on the spot and asked why he abandoned his duty to his constituents?
    you know, the sexual assault victims that see a woman coming forward and reporting and nothing happening? the parents who might not like teenage boys groping their teenage daughters and then people in power dismissing this as "boys will be boys"? actual teenage boys and future voters who might find it disgusting to be lumped in with the ones that are being told right now "grope all you want, you can be a judge someday nominated for the supreme court and nothing will happen to you".

or maybe i misunderstood you. maybe you really believe Flake to be the coward and hypocrite i think he is.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 14:302 edits
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi

but... you're not?
    instead you are feeling sorry for an elected official that is put on the spot and asked why he abandoned his duty to his constituents?
    you know, the sexual assault victims that see a woman coming forward and reporting and nothing happening? the parents who migh ...[text shortened]... misunderstood you. maybe you really believe Flake to be the coward and hypocrite i think he is.
    Believe it or not women have lied about this type of thing before. Guilt or innocence is not determined by your 'beliefs' which have amounted to at other times a belief that people of certain race should vote a certain way.

(I can copy/paste your post verbatim if you like)

Or another classic zaloony, If a rape victim, let's say a waitress, felt uncomfortable serving a male customer because he (although innocent) reminded her of her ordeal that she should be forced into counseling and must serve that person. (I will withdraw this one if you insist as I don't know how to find it, but we both know eh zalooney *wink* *wink*)
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 15:161 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    It's not bullying.

She's a victim and had much to say.
    She was firmly and peacefully reminding the Senator that he's working for the people and not solely his special interest donors or party.

I respect Jeff Flake for not running: Most would've scampered off to their gun-proof barricade.
    Accosting someone in an elevator when he's late for a meeting and blocking him and the elevator while screaming accusations on the top of her lungs that are obviously unwarranted is textbook bullying. Imagine if some hulking 6 foot guy had done that exact thing to Diane Feinstein. He'd be in jail, or at least forcibly removed by security. And anyone who doesn't think that's true is in la la land.

Yes, she's a victim. But not of Kavanaugh and certainly not of Flake. Free speech doesn't give one the right to physically block someone in an elevator to prevent him from leaving the elevator until one finishes one's rant.

I do commend Flake for not biting and not getting into an angry debate right then and there. I would not have been so patient.

I guess I'll never be a Senator.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 15:42
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi

but... you're not?
    you know, the sexual assault victims that see a woman coming forward and reporting and nothing happening? the parents who migh ...[text shortened]... misunderstood you. maybe you really believe Flake to be the coward and hypocrite i think he is.
    LOL...stupid is as stupid does.
  8. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 17:191 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    LOL...stupid is as stupid does.
    Wow, that required a high I.Q. What else did you learn from Forrest Gump?? 😏