Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 19:032 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't particularly like Clinton, but I would put her above Bush. Obviously as a partisan shill (the going phrase these days) you will not admit that.

The real evidence that Clinton really isn't that bad is the fact that all the Trump supporters seem so desperate to lie about her. If she was really bad they could merely point out her flaws.

What I ...[text shortened]... all they know how to do. Its like a child throwing its toys out of its cot. Brexit was the same.
    Put Hillary above Bush? That is like putting Stalin above Hitler.

Sure, Stalin seemed less evil but somehow he murdered far more people.

You be the judge.

I would not be so bold as to say that one was above the other. Frankly, I could care less about either.

What you fail to admit is, there really is not much difference between the two. In fact, both are good friends, just like Trump was good friends with the Clintons.

I'm sorry, who is the partisan shill here?

I suppose at our core, we are very simplistic in terms of our thinking. There is black and white, good and evil, Republican and Democrat.

So let's compare Obama to Bush. Both spent money like drunken sailors, both started wars abroad, both had similar immigration policies, both created huge entitlements.

I'm sorry, how were they different again?

To be honest, I doubt that Trump will be much different from Hillary.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 19:121 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Put Hillary above Bush? That is like putting Stalin above Hitler.

Sure, Stalin seemed less evil but somehow he murdered far more people.

You be the judge.
    Exactly. I am the judge and I judged Hillary better than Bush. And to date, Bush has been the cause of more unnecessary deaths, but a long shot.

I would not be so bold as to say that one was above the other.
    Liar.

Said by whodey just a moment ago:
    This is by far the worst group of candidates ever to run for the Oval Office in US history.

Frankly, I could care less about either.
    Yet you talk about one incesantly.

What you fail to admit is, there really is not much difference between the two.
    There is quite a lot of difference.

I'm sorry, who is the partisan shill here?
    You.

I suppose at our core, we are very simplistic in terms of our thinking. There is black and white, good and evil, Republican and Democrat.
    That is clearly the case with you. It is not the case with me. I am not american and am not a member of either party.

I'm sorry, how were they different again?
    I am sorry, but do you have a brain?

To be honest, I doubt that Trump will be much different from Hillary.
    Nope, no brain. That explains it.

The worst part of all this is that you actually want your own country to go down the drain. You will be cheering it on when it all burns. Come to think of it, speaking of comparisons, I think you and a suicide bomber are about the same thing.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 19:44
    Originally posted by vistesd
    From the Trump campaign’s “director of African-American outreach”—

“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to president Trump,” Manigault said. “It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, whoever disagreed, whoever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ent ...[text shortened]... o needs facts? Embrace the absurd—or bow down! 😛

(Cue hysterical laughter track . . . . .)
    Good thing lives are not at stake!
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 21:281 edit
    FBI Director Comey laid out the lies of Hillary Clinton. They are on record even though he did not choose to prosecute, he said she lied.

Did Comey lie about Hillary lying?

Additionally, if what you say is true, I am a liar, am I a sinner? Is it a sin to lie?

For example, if I were trying to sell a health care plan to the American people and lie to ...[text shortened]... e package that is subpar? Is it necessary to be deceptive in order to attain the ultimate good?
    When the 19th amendment was proposed, giving women the right to vote, should women in America have rejected it simply because a woman had not yet been president?

That seems to be what you're saying, vis-à-vis your contention that Obamacare should be rejected because what we really need is a single-payer system.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 02:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    When the 19th amendment was proposed, giving women the right to vote, should women in America have rejected it simply because a woman had not yet been president?

That seems to be what you're saying, vis-à-vis your contention that Obamacare should be rejected because what we really need is a single-payer system.
    That makes no sense.

A better comparison would be to fight for only women over 50 to vote. Why?

Either women should have the right to vote or they should not.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 04:523 edits
    [b]Exactly. I am the judge and I judged Hillary better than Bush. And to date, Bush has been the cause of more unnecessary deaths, but a long shot.
    By that logic, Hillary should be seen worse than Trump. That means you are a partisan shill for favoring Hillary over Trump. So I guess that makes you the liar.

This whole thread reminds me of the book 1984 with the quote, "the essential act of the Party is to use conscious deception while retaining the firmness of purpose that goes with complete honesty." Part 2, Chapter 9, pg. 215

All that matters is the party. It matters little who leads it.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 04:581 edit
    Liar.

This is by far the worst group of candidates ever to run for the Oval Office in US history.
    The policies of Bush and Obama and Hillary are not that different. However, the amount of baggage Hillary brings along side the same old tired policies and her questionable health, and the childish stupidity of Trump is more than most can bare.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 09:15
    The policies of Bush and Obama and Hillary are not that different. However, the amount of baggage Hillary brings along side the same old tired policies and her questionable health, and the childish stupidity of Trump is more than most can bare.
    Said a moment ago by whodey:

Can't make up your mind can you.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 10:16
    That makes no sense.

A better comparison would be to fight for only women over 50 to vote. Why?

Either women should have the right to vote or they should not.
    It "makes no sense" to you because you cannot fathom how important it is to give insured healthcare to those who could never afford it before, or those who were considered "unworthy" due to other factors, like race or age. Your white privilege is showing again.

Yes, we need single-payer. But why can't we at least take the first step of providing health insurance to millions who've never been able to get it before now? Because conservatives like you use the tired, lame excuse that it "costs jobs" or that it is "too expensive" (neither of which has been proven). The good Samaritan was only concerned for the well-being of a fellow human. Surely we could start following through on the promise of the US Constitution and start insuring domestic tranquility by promoting the general welfare of our own citizens.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 10:29
    [b]Exactly. I am the judge and I judged Hillary better than Bush. And to date, Bush has been the cause of more unnecessary deaths, but a long shot.

Said by Twighty even though he claims that Trump is worse than Hillary. Trump is not responsible for any deaths, Hillary is.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 10:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It "makes no sense" to you because you cannot fathom how important it is to give insured healthcare to those who could never afford it before, or those who were considered "unworthy" due to other factors, like race or age. Your white privilege is showing again.

Yes, we need single-payer. But why can't we at least take the first step of providing health ...[text shortened]... on and start insuring domestic tranquility by promoting the general welfare of our own citizens.
    Assuming what you say is true, you would agree that the ends justify the means?

Was deception then necessary Suzy?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 13:22
    Said by Twighty even though he claims that Trump is worse than Hillary. Trump is not responsible for any deaths, Hillary is.
    That is because I do not judge people based on how many deaths they have caused. That would be stupid. Trump is almost certainly responsible for deaths, but that is besides the point.
    Next you will be telling us that war hero's are worse than Trump because they killed more people. Try it, I dare you.
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 22:132 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead to Whodey
    Exactly. I am the judge and I judged Hillary better than Bush. And to date, Bush has been the cause of more unnecessary deaths, but a long shot.

[b]I would not be so bold as to say that one was above the other.

Liar.

[quote]This is by far the worst group of candidates ever to run for the Oval Office ...[text shortened]... think of it, speaking of comparisons, I think you and a suicide bomber are about the same thing.[/b]
    This forum has some of the most morally reprehensible people with whom I ever have had any contact.
    (This does *not* refer to Twhitehead.)

"I think you and a suicide bomber are about the same thing."
    --Twhitehead (to Whodey)

No, a suicide bomber has proven that one's willing to sacrifice one's life for what one believes, however misguided.
    I have a bit of respect for anyone who's willing to sacrifice one's life for a perceived greater good,
    even if I happen to oppose that 'suicide bomber' or indeed be among the victims.
    (I can respect wartime enemies.) In contrast, I have no respect whatsoever for Whodey.

The 'armchair terrorist' (to quote Finnegan) No1Marauder has a long record of advocating
    extreme violence (apparently beyond that which even the PIRA or the ANC approved).
    No1Marauder has approved of the South African practice of 'necklacing', of putting a tyre
    soaked with petrol around a person's body and setting it on fire, burning that person to death.

I know (I watched him being interviewed) of a former PIRA member who's a convicted 'terrorist bomber'.
    While in prison, he apparently *sincerely* expressed remorse for his violent actions.
    He wrote individual letters of apology to the known survivors of his bombings.
    After being released in a general amnesty (if I recall correctly), he proceeded to condemn
    many, if not all, of the PIRA's previous violent actions and to oppose them in the future.
    What a contrast to No1Marauder, who apparently approves of (if not being eager for)
    further Irish nationalist violence against the 'Brits', 'Unionists', or (Irish) 'traitors' !

This former PIRA member has 'blood on his hands', while the safe 'armchair terrorist'
    No1Marauder has 'blood' (metaphor for violence) coming only out of his big mouth.
    But I have much more respect for him than I ever could have for the lying troll No1Marauder.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 22:20
    That is because I do not judge people based on how many deaths they have caused. That would be stupid. Trump is almost certainly responsible for deaths, but that is besides the point.
    Next you will be telling us that war hero's are worse than Trump because they killed more people. Try it, I dare you.
    Said by you

"Exactly. I am the judge and I judged Hillary better than Bush. And to date, Bush has been the cause of more unnecessary deaths, but a long shot."

Are you saying that Hillary did not cause any unnecessary deaths or not enough for you to be concerned about?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 22:21
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "I think you and a suicide bomber are about the same thing."
    --Twhitehead (to Whodey)

No, a suicide bomber has proven that one's willing to sacrifice one's life for what one believes, however misguided.
    I have a bit of respect for anyone who's willing to sacrifice one's life for a perceived greater good,
    even if I happen to oppose that 'suicide bomb ...[text shortened]...
    But I have much more respect for him than I ever could have for the lying troll No1Marauder.
    So you have greater respect for a suicide bomber that goes out and murders people more than you do me?

Duly noted. Can't say I'm surprised