Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    13 Dec '10 06:49
    With the bombings in sweden by (insert your PC term here), is it time to abandon the notion that full security measures must be imposed on EVERYONE instead of targetting specific segments of the population?

In other words, is it really worth our time to force an 82 year old grandmother to go through an x ray machine, just so we can scan Mr. Mohammed?

Let's be frank, because that's really what this is about.
  2. 13 Dec '10 09:43
    Most terrorist attacks in the US are committed by environmentalist/animal rights groups (not sure about Sweden). What sort of screening do you suggest?
  3. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    13 Dec '10 10:54
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Most terrorist attacks in the US are committed by environmentalist/animal rights groups (not sure about Sweden). What sort of screening do you suggest?
    universal ID such that they shall neither buy nor sell unless they have a mark in their hand or forehead......cue Iron Maiden....
  4. 13 Dec '10 11:06
    The kind of attacks in Sweden recently is
    (1) The Anticapitalist riots during the EU summit in Göteborg summer 2001.
    (2) Football holigans.
    (3) Vegans against fur farming.
    (4) Racist against anti-racists.
    Have I forgotten anything?

This event in Stockholm is the first one ever of its kind. It was an amateurish act of a muslim fundamentalist. We don't know yet if he was in an organization. He was against the Swedish involvement in Afganistan, if the informnation is correct. It wasn't a Jihad, or al Caida cell.
  5. 13 Dec '10 11:11
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    (1) The Anticapitalist riots during the EU summit in Göteborg summer 2001.
    (2) Football holigans.
    (3) Vegans against fur farming.
    (4) Racist against anti-racists.
    Have I forgotten anything?

This event in Stockholm is the first one ever of its kind. It was an amateurish act of a muslim fundamentalist. We do ...[text shortened]... nvolvement in Afganistan, if the informnation is correct. It wasn't a Jihad, or al Caida cell.
    I'm sure the racist party over there wished he'd planned those attacks before the elections, not just after them...
  6. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    13 Dec '10 11:16
    Originally posted by uzless
    With the bombings in sweden by (insert your PC term here), is it time to abandon the notion that full security measures must be imposed on EVERYONE instead of targetting specific segments of the population?

In other words, is it really worth our time to force an 82 year old grandmother to go through an x ray machine, just so we can scan Mr. Mohammed?

Or perhaps Sweden should remove their occupational force from another country?

Na... obviously we can do whatever we want and should not be bothered by consequences.
  7. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    13 Dec '10 11:17
    I'm sure the racist party over there wished he'd planned those attacks before the elections, not just after them...
    ...terrorists can be so thoughtless....
  8. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    13 Dec '10 11:17
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This event in Stockholm is the first one ever of its kind. It was an amateurish act of a muslim fundamentalist.
    No it wasn't.
    You had that attack in Glasgow... where their car got stuck in the airports doors... and they had all their comrades telephone numbers in their mobiles...

Really. Terrorism is not what it used to be.
  9. 13 Dec '10 11:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    No it wasn't.
    You had that attack in Glasgow... where their car got stuck in the airports doors... and they had all their comrades telephone numbers in their mobiles...

Really. Terrorism is not what it used to be.
    By "its kind" I think he meant "muslim terrorism in Sweden".
  10. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    13 Dec '10 11:39
    By "its kind" I think he meant "muslim terrorism in Sweden".
    Ah. Yes.
    Normally it's Swedes shooting foreigners that's the problem over there.

Presumably most terrorists can't find Sweden. Or just think it's too cold to bloody bother.
  11. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    13 Dec '10 11:45
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Ah. Yes.
    Normally it's Swedes shooting foreigners that's the problem over there.

Presumably most terrorists can't find Sweden. Or just think it's too cold to bloody bother.
    I thought the Swedes would understand what with suicide being almost a national hobby. This guy just decided to go out with a "bang" that's all...
  12. 13 Dec '10 11:56
    Originally posted by kmax87
    I thought the Swedes would understand what with suicide being almost a national hobby. This guy just decided to go out with a "bang" that's all...
    I think you are mistaking suicide drinking for suicide bombing...
  13. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    13 Dec '10 11:59
    I think you are mistaking suicide drinking for suicide bombing...
    Both effectively obliterate brain cells.
  14. 13 Dec '10 14:39
    Originally posted by uzless

Bigot!!

Edit: (The answer is yes, just don't tell anyone I said so, OK?)
  15. 13 Dec '10 15:54
    And Pro Life groups.