Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    08 Aug '15 22:55
    When are these Black Thugs going to learn that being unarmed does not make them immune from police brutality when they commit crimes?
  2. Subscriber Brother Edwin
    7 edits
    08 Aug '15 22:56
    Whatever your stance. More bodycams is the answer.
  3. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    08 Aug '15 22:58
    Originally posted by Brother Edwin
    Whatever your stance. More bodycams is the answer.
    The answer is less crimes. Body cameras are not going to stop that.
  4. Subscriber Brother Edwin
    7 edits
    08 Aug '15 23:08 / 1 edit
    Yep that's my opinion as well. But its more to prove the police officer was justified.

    Although they will still riot even with infallible proof.....


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fAUO3i3T1Y
  5. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    09 Aug '15 01:23
    Unarmed white stoner killed by white cop

    http://cw33.com/2015/08/08/sc-cop-kills-unarmed-white-teen-in-pot-bust/
  6. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    09 Aug '15 01:56
    Originally posted by Brother Edwin
    Yep that's my opinion as well. But its more to prove the police officer was justified.

    Although they will still riot even with infallible proof.....


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fAUO3i3T1Y
    Well, if the police are given enough tax money for body cameras as well as the vehicle cameras, then that is fine. However, that puts another requirement that can be held against the police officer in case something happens and he forgets to turn on the body camera or that the camera stops working and the incident is not caught on camera for some reason.

    I agree that we don't want the police to have the liberty to go around abusing their authority, but they must be given the benefit of the doubt in their effort to fight crime and keep law and order. We don't want every citizen to think they have the right to abuse the police and violate the laws without severe consequences either.
  7. 10 Aug '15 10:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I agree that we don't want the police to have the liberty to go around abusing their authority, but they must be given the benefit of the doubt in their effort to fight crime and keep law and order.
    In a civilised country, that would be the case, but the USA police are clearly not civilised. Too many of them have proven themselves to be racist thugs to give them the benefit of the doubt. (Meanwhile, the Dutch police are considerably better but still far from perfect. UK police seem to hold the middle ground.)
  8. 10 Aug '15 10:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    When are these Black Thugs going to learn that being unarmed does not make them immune from police brutality when they commit crimes?
    Dims will respond the way they always do.

    1. Need more money for social programs
    2. Need federal government to take over law enforcement across the nation.
    3. Ban more things and pass more laws.

    Wash, rinse, repeat.